Solcoseryl - a drug that can have a beneficial effect on metabolic processes in tissues, which contributes to its healing. The drug contains in its composition purified from the protein extract of the blood of young calves.
Solcoseryl is widely used not only in medicine, but also in cosmetology. Many masks have been created on its basis, which allow smoothing mimic wrinkles and making the skin of the face young and beautiful. Women rated Solcoseryl for the face for its undoubted advantages: high efficiency, safety and affordable price. The unique anti-aging properties of the drug due to its natural biological composition, which is based on the extract from the blood of dairy calves.
The drug is available immediately in five dosage forms: a solution for intravenous and intramuscular administration, eye gel, paste for topical use, gel and ointment for external use.
A drug that improves trophism and tissue regeneration for external use.
Terms of sale from pharmacies
Can be bought without a doctor's prescription.
How much is the ointment Solcoseryl in pharmacies? The average price is at 350 rubles.
Composition and release form
Ointment Solcoseryl - has a fatty basis, looks like a white homogeneous mass, with a faint smell of broth.
- One gram of Solkoseril ointment contains 2.07 mg of the active substance and a number of auxiliary components: methyl parahydroxybenzoate (E 218; Methyl parahydroxybenzoate), propyl parahydroxybenzoate (E 216; Propyl parahydroxybenzoate), cetyl alcohol (Cetyl spiritus); Vaselinum album), water for injection (Aqua pro injectionibus).
The main active ingredient of the drug Solcoseryl deproteinized dialysate from the blood of healthy dairy calves has several biological effects, which include:
- Increased utilization of oxygen and glucose by cells.
- Enhance regenerative and reparative processes in damaged tissues.
- Stimulation of proliferation (division) and cell migration in the area of damaged tissues.
- Increasing the intensity of the process of collagen synthesis, which is the intercellular substance of connective tissue.
- The increase in the intensity of energy production in cells due to phosphorylation and aerobic oxidative processes.
Due to such biological effects, the drug Solcoseryl accelerates tissue regeneration processes in the wound area. After applying the gel or ointment, there is no accurate data on the possible absorption of the active ingredient, its distribution in the tissues, metabolism, and excretion.
Indications for use
External forms of Solcoseryl - gel and ointment - are used for abrasions, cuts, burns 1 and 2 degrees, frostbite, trophic ulcers, bedsores.
Ophthalmic gel is used when mechanical and burn injuries of the cornea, conjunctiva, healing of scars after surgery, ulcers, keratitis, degeneration, xerosis, dry keratoconjunctivitis, reduction in terms of adaptation to lenses are obtained.
- superficial microtraumas (scratches, abrasions, cuts);
- burns 1, 2 degrees (solar, thermal);
- difficult healing wounds (bedsores, trophic ulcers).
Solcoseryl gel is recommended to be used in the initial stage of therapy on fresh wound surfaces, wounds with wet discharge, ulcers with weeping.
Ointment Solcoseryl is used mainly for the treatment of dry (non-wetting) wounds.
Before applying the drug for trophic lesions of tissues of different origin, it is necessary to remove necrotic tissue from wounds.
Appointment during pregnancy and lactation
There are no data on the toxic effect of Solcoseryl ointment on the fetus, because clinical trials on pregnant women are prohibited. Therefore, the drug can be used, but only as directed by the attending physician.
There is also no data on the safety of the drug during breastfeeding, so the question of prescribing the drug should be decided only by a doctor, or the patient should herself refuse to breastfeed.
Dosage and method of use
As indicated in the instructions for use Solkoseril applied topically, applied directly to the wound surface after pre-cleansing the wound with a disinfectant solution.
Before the treatment of trophic ulcers, as well as in cases of purulent wound infection, prior surgical treatment is necessary.
- Solcoseryl gel is applied to fresh wounds, wounds with a wet discharge, ulcers with signs of soak a thin layer on the cleaned wound 2-3 times / day. Sites with epithelization that have begun are recommended to be oiled with Solcoseryl. The use of Solcoseryl gel is continued until a pronounced granulation tissue is formed on the damaged surface of the skin and the wound dries.
- Solcoseryl ointment is applied with a thin layer to the cleaned wound 1-2 times / day. Solcoseryl ointment can be applied under dressings. The course of treatment with Solcoseryl ointment continues until the wound is completely healed, its epithelialization and the formation of elastic scar tissue.
For the treatment of severe trophic lesions of the skin and soft tissues, the simultaneous use of parenteral forms of Solcoseryl is recommended.
Solcoseryl against wrinkles
The inquisitive brain of Russian cosmetologists has found another use for the dialysate of the blood of calves, about which the producers of Solcoseryl, probably, could not even imagine. Improving metabolism in cells, increasing collagen synthesis and the ability to stimulate the repair processes in tissues are used in cosmetology to combat wrinkles.
Despite the fact that there is no talk about any large-scale studies confirming this effect of the drug, the drug is widely used as an anti-aging agent in beauty salons and during home procedures. Reviews of women who decided to use Solcoseryl as a remedy for wrinkles, are full of optimism and thanks to the creators.
One of the main arguments for patients who still doubt the need for correction of age-related changes by dialysate of the blood of calves, can be full safety and low cost of the drug. Masks with Solcoseryl can be done during pregnancy and lactation, with the exception of recipes, which include Dimexide. This is the recipe we will begin.
Dimexide and Solcoseryl against wrinkles
To enhance the rejuvenating effect of Solcoseryl, as well as for a pronounced increase in turgor and skin elasticity, a solution of Dimexide is added to the ointment. Dimexide itself perfectly activates the processes of recovery and regeneration in all layers of the skin, promotes the growth of new blood vessels, improving the blood supply and nutrition of cells.
However, the uniqueness of the Dimexide solution is that it is able to penetrate very deeply into the tissues and bring other active substances into it along with it. That is, thanks to Dimexidum, the components of Solcoseryl ointment are penetrated into the deep-lying tissues of the skin up to the basal layer. This allows you to affect the skin from the inside, activating the processes of recovery, collagen synthesis, metabolism and oxygen saturation, which provides rejuvenation, smoothing wrinkles, increasing the tone and the appearance of internal radiance and velvety.
Dimexide with Solcoseryl for tightening, smoothing and smoothing mature skin is used in the form of a mask that is applied to the face weekly or once every two weeks. To prepare the mask, dilute Dimexide with boiled water in a ratio of 1:10. That is, take 10 tablespoons of water for a tablespoon of Dimexide. According to diluted Dimexide, a cotton pad or tampon is moistened and the face is thoroughly rubbed along the massage lines. Then, until the solution is dry, apply Solcoseryl ointment in a fairly thick layer directly on top of it. The mask is left on the face for 30 - 40 minutes, periodically wetting with water and not allowing the top layer of ointment to dry. Then the mask is carefully removed using a damp cotton swab, after which the face does not wash.
If the skin is loose, with a lot of wrinkles, then the mask Solcoseryl + Dimexide is recommended to be applied once a week. If the skin has small wrinkles, then the mask should be done once every two weeks.
The use of ointment "Solcoseryl" can in very rare cases lead to the appearance of allergic reactions such as urticaria or dermatitis. If allergies occur, discontinue use of the drug. When applying Solcoseryl Ointment, a brief burning sensation may appear briefly (this is absolutely normal).
However, if the burning sensation does not pass for a long time, then the use of the drug should be abandoned, since This may indicate an allergic reaction.
An overdose of any form of Solcoseryl (eye gel, ointment and gel for topical use, solution and paste) was not registered even once during the entire period of use of the drugs.
Solcoseryl should not be applied to a contaminated wound, as it does not contain antimicrobial ingredients.
If during the application of Solcoseryl the healing of the affected area is not observed within 2-3 weeks, it is necessary to consult a doctor.
In the event of pain, redness of the skin near the site of application of Solcoseryl, discharge of secretion from the wound, fever, you should urgently consult a doctor.
Interaction with other drugs
The interaction of Solcoseryl with other drugs of local action is not installed.
We offer you to read the reviews of people who used Solcoseryl ointment:
- Alexey. The dog constantly dispersed and did not heal the stitches after the operation. Last week - the result was deplorable. Read on the Internet about Solcoseryl-gel for quick healing of wounds. First, she treated the surface of the suture with Chlorhexidine, and then applied the gel. I did it three times a day. As a result, the stitches were tightened for 3 days, like on a dog. Very good tool.
- Helena. I use solcoseryl quite often, as I have a skin disease, and ointments, gels, and solutions in my medicine chest are not translated. I want to say that for myself I chose all the same solcoseryl-gel (jelly). Ointment somehow I do not really like, from the gel, the benefits are more pronounced.
- Eugenia. Last summer I had a bad cut on the beach. The wound was not inflamed, but over time it became wet. To speed up her healing, she asked the doctor to prescribe an effective drug. He prescribed Solcoseryl jelly and said smear until the areas are dry. After that, the doctor advised to use the ointment. I used the medicine for a week, it helped!
There are no direct analogues of Solcoseryl in composition and active ingredients, but the following drugs are distinguished, which are similar in pharmacological action.
They are produced by Russian and foreign manufacturers of drugs:
- Aloe extract
- Sea buckthorn oil
- Rosehip oil
Before buying an analogue, consult your doctor.
Shelf life and storage conditions
The shelf life of the ointment and gel Solcoseryl is 5 years from the date of manufacture. The drug should be stored in the intact original packaging, dark, dry, out of reach of children at air temperature not higher than + 25 ° C.