Nolitsin - antibacterial drug, belongs to the group of fluoroquinolones. Used in Nephrology and Urology for the treatment of a variety of infectious and inflammatory diseases. The active ingredient is norfloxacin (400 mg of the substance in 1 tablet).
High sensitivity to norfloxacin is shown by Klebsiella, Staphylococcus, Neisseria, E. coli, Legionella, Chlamydia, Shigella, Salmonella, Enterobacter, Dysenteric Sticks, Hemophilic Sticks. Streptococci and anaerobic bacteria are resistant to Nolicin.
After taking the main component is absorbed in the gastrointestinal tract, the maximum concentration in the plasma is reached in 1-2 hours, the antimicrobial effect lasts 12 hours. Eating reduces the absorption of norfloxacin. 15% of the substance is bound to plasma proteins, bioavailability is 30-40%.
Clinical and pharmacological group
Antibacterial drug of the fluoroquinolone group.
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released on prescription.
How much does Nolitsin in pharmacies? The average price is at 250 rubles.
Release form and composition
The drug Nolitsin 400 mg is available in tablet form in blisters of 10, 20 pieces. Photos of packaging can be seen at the beginning of the article.
The composition of 1 tablet includes:
- Active ingredient: norfloxacin - 400 mg;
- Additional components: povidone, sodium carboxymethyl starch, microcrystalline cellulose, colloidal anhydrous silicon dioxide, magnesium stearate, purified water;
- Shell: hypromellose, talc, titanium dioxide, propylene glycol, yellow sunset sunflower (E110) (yellow disperse dye, E110).
Nolitsin antimicrobial drug that creates high concentrations in the urine. Nolitsin contains the active ingredient norfloxacin - a substance of the quinolone group.
Norfloxacin is effective against gram-negative aerobic microorganisms, as well as against strains of certain gram-positive bacteria. The mechanism of action of norfloxacin is associated with the suppression of the enzyme DNA gyrase in the cells of microorganisms, as a result of which bacterial DNA synthesis is prevented. In addition, norfloxacin forms complexes with DNA fragments at the stage of cleavage of the DNA chain, which prevents supercoiling and disrupts DNA synthesis.
Perhaps the development of cross-resistance between quinolones.
Indications for use
According to the instructions for Nolicin, the drug is intended for the treatment of infectious and inflammatory diseases caused by pathogens that are sensitive to norfloxacin. In particular, it is prescribed for:
- Uncomplicated gonorrhea of the lower part of the urogenital tract;
- Acute or chronic infectious diseases of the kidneys and urinary tract (urethritis, cystitis, pyelonephritis);
- Gastroenteritis (inflammation of the mucous membrane of the digestive tract) of bacterial origin, including salmonellosis and shigellosis;
- Infections of the genital and pelvic organs (chronic bacterial prostatitis, endometritis, cervicitis, epididymitis, orchitis, etc.).
In addition, Nolitsin may be prescribed for the prevention of travelers' diarrhea, sepsis in patients with agranulocytosis, recurrence of infectious diseases of the urinary tract.
The drug can be taken only on prescription, self-medication can lead to serious negative consequences. Before starting treatment, please read the enclosed instructions. Tablets are contraindicated in the presence of the following conditions:
- Pregnancy and lactation period of the baby;
- Individual intolerance to norfloxacin or any of its constituents;
- Hepatic or renal failure;
- The age of 18 years, as there is no clinical experience of use, and the safety of the medicine for children and adolescents has not been proven.
Relative contraindications include:
- Disorders of cerebral circulation;
- Atherosclerotic deposits on the walls of blood vessels in the brain;
- Individual intolerance to acetylsalicylic acid.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
The effect of the drug during gestation and lactation has not been studied. It is known that norfloxacin quickly penetrates the placental barrier. According to the instructions prescribed Nolitsin during pregnancy, if the estimated benefits of its use above the potential risk to the child.
If the drug is prescribed during lactation, breastfeeding should be discontinued.
Dosage and method of use
The instructions for use indicate that Nolitsin is taken orally, on an empty stomach (not less than 1 hour before or 2 hours after a meal) and washed down with a sufficient amount of liquid.
Recommended doses - 400 mg 2 times / day. Duration of treatment from 7 to 14 days, if necessary, conduct a longer treatment.
- For uncomplicated gonorrhea - once in a dose of 800-1200 mg or 400 mg 2 times / day for 3-7 days.
- With chronic bacterial prostatitis - 400 mg 2 times / day for 4-6 weeks or more.
- With bacterial gastroenteritis (shigellosis, salmonellosis) - 400 mg 2 times / day for 5 days.
- In acute uncomplicated cystitis - 400 mg 2 times / day for 3-5 days.
- For the prevention of sepsis with neutropenia - 400 mg 2 times / day for 8 weeks.
- For the prevention of recurrent uncomplicated urinary tract infections with frequent exacerbations (more than 3 episodes per year or more than 2 within six months) - 200 mg 1 time per night for a long time (from 6 months to several years).
- For the prevention of travelers' diarrhea, it is recommended to take 400 mg / day 1 day before departure, during the entire travel time and 2 days after its termination (no more than 21 days).
Patients with impaired renal function with QC more than 20 ml / min do not need to adjust the dosage regimen.
When QA is less than 20 ml / min (or the level of serum creatinine is more than 5 mg / dL) and patients on hemodialysis, one-half of the therapeutic dose of Nolicin is prescribed 2 times / day or a full dose of 1 time / day.
Adverse reactions during treatment with Nolicin can occur on the part of various organs and systems:
- Hematopoietic system: hematocrit decrease, leukopenia, eosinophilia;
- Cardiovascular system: vasculitis, arrhythmias, tachycardia, lowering blood pressure;
- The musculoskeletal system: tendinitis, arthralgia, tendon ruptures (as a rule, against the background contributing factors);
- Allergic reactions: pruritus, rash, edema, urticaria, erythema malignant exudative (Stevens-Johnson syndrome);
- Nervous system: hallucinations, headache, fainting, dizziness, insomnia; in elderly patients - irritability, fear, fatigue, anxiety, drowsiness, tinnitus, depression;
- Digestive system: vomiting, loss of appetite, nausea, bitter taste in the mouth, abdominal pain, diarrhea, pseudomembranous enterocolitis (with prolonged therapy), increased activity of hepatic transaminases;
- Urinary system: glomerulonephritis, albuminuria, crystalluria, polyuria, dysuria, urethral bleeding, increased creatinine and urea of blood plasma;
- Other: candidiasis.
It is manifested by intense vomiting, nausea, dizziness, drowsiness, "cold" sweat. Therapy includes hydration treatment with forced diuresis, gastric lavage. Specific antidote has not been developed.
Before you start using the drug, read the specific instructions:
- During treatment with norfloxacin, exposure to direct sunlight should be avoided. In addition, patients should receive a sufficient amount of fluid (under diuresis control).
- With the appearance of pain in the tendons or at the first signs of tendovaginitis, the drug should be discontinued. During therapy with norfloxacin, it is recommended to avoid excessive physical exertion.
- During the period of therapy, an increase in the prothrombin index is possible (during surgical procedures, the state of the blood coagulation system should be monitored).
- In the presence of an allergic reaction to acetylsalicylic acid, E110 azo dye (dispersed yellow dye, E110), can cause a hypersensitivity reaction, up to bronchospasm.
When using the drug, you must consider the interaction with other drugs:
- Norfloxacin reduces the effect of nitrofurans.
- Simultaneous use with drugs that reduce seizure threshold, can lead to the development of epileptiform seizures.
Simultaneous use with corticosteroids may increase the risk of tendonitis or cases of tendon rupture.
Norfloxacin may enhance the therapeutic effect of hypoglycemic drugs (sulfonylurea derivatives).
- Norfloxacin may enhance the therapeutic effect of cyclosporine and warfarin, in some cases, when using norfloxacin with cyclosporine, an increase in serum creatinine concentration was observed, therefore, such patients need to be controlled by this indicator.
- The simultaneous use of norfloxacin and antacid agents containing aluminum or magnesium hydroxide, as well as preparations containing iron, zinc, sucralfate, reduces the absorption of norfloxacin (the interval between their intake should be at least 2 hours).
- With simultaneous use of norfloxacin and theophylline should be monitored the concentration of theophylline in the blood plasma and adjust its dose, because Norfloxacin reduces theophylline clearance by 25%, and the development of corresponding undesirable side effects can be observed.
- Simultaneous reception of norfloxacin with drugs that have the potential ability to lower blood pressure, can cause a sharp decrease. In this regard, in such cases, as well as with simultaneous administration with barbiturates and other drugs for general anesthesia, HR, BP and ECG indicators should be monitored.
We picked up some reviews of people using the drug Nolitsin:
- Hope. A good antibiotic, first met him when her husband was prescribed for inflammation of the prostate. literally within a week, the main symptoms disappeared, I was able to continue to be treated with special drugs and smartprost. In comparison with other antibiotics, the treatment turned out to be fast, effective and harmless - even the intestines were not injured.
- Oksana. I spent on drink a week course of nolitsin and will not return to it again. The cramps began, my legs seemed to be wooden, I could not bend or unbend. It seems that the second day I have not taken the drug, but these side effects do not disappear. Looks like nolitsin has a long therapeutic effect, and in my case a long side effect. Somehow you need to remove the drug from the body. I do not advise everyone to take it.
- Julia. In my student years, a nuisance happened to me - I got sick with cystitis. Ran to the doctor. After the urgent delivery of the necessary tests, the doctor, delicately inquiring whether I intend to become pregnant in the near future, and having received a negative answer, appointed Nolitsin. Apparently, the drug is serious and somehow can affect the course of pregnancy. Already after the first day of taking the drug it became much easier. But how much the doctor prescribed.
If necessary, Nolitsin can be replaced by analogues containing the same active ingredient. In this list, such drugs as Norbaktin, Normaks, Norfloxacin, Sofazin, Renor, Yutibid.
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
According to the instructions Nolitsin can not be stored longer than 5 years from the date of issue. Capsules must be in a dry place inaccessible to children and the rays of the sun. Air temperature should not exceed 25 ° C.