Momat is a hormonal drug of local application.
Used to relieve inflammation as monotherapy for severe allergies. It is also indicated for use during an infectious course of pathology, but on condition that it is used in conjunction with a local or systemic antibiotic.
Mamat Reno also has anti-inflammatory properties, which allows the use of spray or drops during the off-season to relieve the symptoms of colds.
Momat Rino - glucocorticosteroid (GCS) for local use.
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released on prescription.
How much is Momat Rino? The average price in pharmacies is 350 rubles.
Release form and composition
Momata Rino's dosage form is a nasal dosed spray: a suspension of thick consistency, translucent or opaque, almost white or white (60 and 120 doses in polyethylene bottles with a dosing device, 1 bottle in a carton box).
In one dose of nasal suspension is:
- Active ingredients: 0.14 mg azelastine (as hydrochloride), 0.5 µg mometasone (as furoate)
- Additional components: MCC, cellulose gum, d-glucose, E433 (polysorbate-80), benzalkonium chloride, trilon b, neotame, citric monohydrate, E331, water.
The drug has antipruritic, anti-inflammatory, glucocorticoid action. Shows antiexudative effect. The composition induces the secretion of proteins that are responsible for the inhibition of phospholipase. That is, the tool acts directly on the structure of inflammatory mediators, inhibiting the release of their precursor, arachidonic acid.
An insignificant portion enters the systemic circulation if it is not used in large areas or under an occlusive dressing. Mometazon is metabolized in the liver and is also excreted with bile. The half-life is about 6 hours.
Indications for use
- Seasonal and perennial allergic rhinitis in children from 2 years and adults;
- Nasal polyposis, accompanied by impaired olfactory and nasal breathing in adults;
- Acute rhinosinusitis with mild and moderately severe symptoms in children from 12 years old and adults (provided there are no signs of severe bacterial infection);
- Acute sinusitis and exacerbation of chronic sinusitis in children from 12 years and adults (including the elderly) - as an aid in antibiotic therapy;
- Prevention of seasonal allergic rhinitis of moderate and severe course in children from 12 years and adults (2-4 weeks before the expected start of the dusting season).
Contraindications are such conditions as:
- The postvaccinal period accompanied by the corresponding reactions;
- Tuberculosis or syphilis;
- Infectious tissue damage;
- Perioral dermatitis;
- Age less than 2 years (for ointment).
It is used cautiously when applied under occlusive dressings, as well as on large skin areas.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
Contraindicated. Detailed studies on the use of the drug in pregnant women have not been conducted, but since azelastine hydrochloride can have a toxic effect on the embryos of laboratory animals, the use of the drug during pregnancy and lactation is prohibited.
Dosage and method of use
The instructions for use indicate that the spray Momat Rino is used intranasally. Inhalation is carried out using the provided dosage nozzle.
Before the first use of the spray, it is necessary to calibrate it - press the dispensing nozzle 10 times until the spray appears. This indicates the readiness of the drug for use. If the product is not used for 14 or more days in a row, before using it, you should make 2 test presses into the air before splashing.
For inhalation, you need to tilt your head and inject the spray into each nasal passage as recommended by the attending physician.
The dosing nozzle must be cleaned regularly. This is important for its proper operation. To do this, remove the protective cap, and then the tip for spraying and rinse them thoroughly in warm water, rinse under a tap and dry in a warm place, after which the tip must be attached to the bottle and closed with a protective cap.
Do not pierce the nasal applicator or try to open it with sharp objects (such as needles), otherwise it will cause damage and possibly incorrect further dosing of the drug.
After cleaning, before the first use, it is necessary to calibrate - press the dosing nozzle into the air 2 times.
Shake the bottle vigorously before each use of Momata Reno.
The incidence of side effects is defined as follows: very often (> 1/10); often (1/100); infrequently (1/1000); rarely (1/10 000); very rarely (<1/10 000).
- On the part of the nervous system: often - headache, dysgeusia (unpleasant taste) as a result of improper use, namely, in case of excessive deviation of the head back during administration; very rarely - dizziness (may be caused by the disease itself).
- On the part of the digestive system: rarely - a feeling of irritation of the pharyngeal mucosa, nausea.
- On the part of the respiratory system: often - nasal bleeding, discomfort in the nasal cavity (burning sensation, itching), ulceration of the nasal mucosa, sneezing, pharyngitis, sinusitis, infections of the upper respiratory tract.
- On the part of the immune system: very rarely - hypersensitivity, anaphylactoid reactions, urticaria.
- On the part of the skin and subcutaneous tissues: very rarely - rash, pruritus.
- Other: very rarely - fatigue, drowsiness, weakness (may be caused by the disease itself).
- With long-term use of GCS in high doses may develop systemic side effects, including glaucoma and cataracts.
Cases of overdose so far have not been identified (with intranasal use). When receiving azelastine inside possible development of disorders of the central nervous system - lethargy, confusion, drowsiness, reduce pressure, tachycardia.
Symptomatic treatment. Long-term use of GCS in high doses and in combination with systemic treatment by them can lead to inhibition of the pituitary, hypothalamus, adrenal glands.
As with any long-term treatment, patients using Momat Rhino Advance nasal spray for several months or longer should be examined periodically by a doctor for possible changes in the nasal mucosa, nasal septum perforation (very rarely) and the possible development of systemic side effects. If a local fungal infection of the nose or pharynx develops, it may be necessary to discontinue Momat Rino Advance nasal spray therapy and perform a special treatment. In case of development of persistent irritation of the nasopharynx, it is necessary to resolve the issue of discontinuing therapy.
During the transition from treatment of systemic corticosteroids to the treatment of nasal spray Momat Rino Advance, some patients may experience initial withdrawal symptoms of systemic corticosteroids (for example, pain in joints and / or muscles, fatigue and depression), despite a decrease in lesion of the nasal mucosa; such patients need to be specifically convinced of the advisability of continuing treatment with the nasal spray Momat Rino Advance. The transition from systemic to local corticosteroids can also reveal pre-existing, but masked, therapy of corticosteroids of systemic action, allergic diseases such as allergic conjunctivitis and eczema.
Patients who switch to treatment with Momat Rino Advance nasal spray after long-term treatment with systemic glucocorticosteroids (GCS) require special attention. Canceling the GCS of a systemic effect in such patients can lead to insufficient adrenal function, the subsequent recovery of which can take up to several months. In case of signs of adrenal insufficiency, you should resume taking systemic corticosteroids and take other necessary measures.
Patients who are treated with GCS have potentially reduced immune reactivity and should be warned about their increased risk of infection if they come into contact with patients with certain infectious diseases (for example, chickenpox, measles), and the need for medical advice if such contact occurs. .
With the use of intranasal steroids in doses exceeding the recommended or recommended doses in sensitive patients, systemic effects of GCS and suppression of adrenal function may develop. When such changes occur, the use of Momat Rino Advance nasal spray should be gradually discontinued, in accordance with the procedures adopted to stop taking oral GCS.
GCS for nasal and inhalation use can cause the development of glaucoma and / or cataracts. Therefore, it should be carefully monitored for patients with vision changes, as well as for patients who have previously had elevated intraocular pressure, glaucoma and / or cataracts.
If signs of severe bacterial infection appear (for example, fever, persistent and sharp pain on one side of the face or toothache, swelling in the orbital or periorbital region), immediate medical consultation is required.
- Combination therapy with loratadine was well tolerated by patients. However, no effect of the drug on the concentration of loratadine or its main metabolite in the blood plasma was noted. In these studies, mometasone furoate was not detected in the blood plasma (with a sensitivity of the method of determination of 50 pg / ml).
- When intranasal use of azelastine revealed no clinically significant interaction with other drugs.
Absolute analogs of "Momat Rino Advance" are currently not on sale. There are remedies that include the same active component as the drug described. These are trade names:
Analogue (instructions for "Momat Rino Advance" is similar to the rules for the use of this tool) "Allergodil" is known for its good therapeutic effect in an allergic reaction. Its main difference is a different active component. This medicine is based on azelastine.
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Store in a dark place, out of reach of children at a temperature of 15−25 ° C.
Shelf life - 2 years.