Movalis is the original German nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug, the main driving force of which is meloxicam.
In addition to anti-inflammatory, the drug also has an analgesic and antipyretic effect (antipyretic). Movalis is prescribed mainly for the relief of pain and inflammation in degenerative-dystrophic diseases of the musculoskeletal system.
Movalis injections works quickly, has fewer side effects than traditional NSAIDs. The use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs gives good results. Intramuscular injections are carried out only as prescribed by a doctor: uncontrolled administration of a potent agent, exceeding the daily dose causes dangerous complications.
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released on prescription.
How much do Movalis shots cost? The average price in pharmacies is 700 rubles.
Release form and composition
The drug is available in:
- tablet form (dosage of the active substance is 7.5 mg (package No. 20) and 15 mg (package No. 10 or No. 20));
- solution for injection 10 mg / ml (1.5 ml ampoules, package No. 5);
- rectal suppositories 7.5 and 15 mg (package No. 6);
- suspension 1.5 mg / ml (vial 100 ml).
1 vial of the drug contains:
- active ingredient - meloxicam (15 mg);
- additional substances - glycofurfurol, meglumine, poloxamer 188, sodium chloride, sodium hydroxide, glycine, distilled water.
A solution of yellow with a greenish shade of color, transparent.
Movalis from the group of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs has a pronounced anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antipyretic properties. Often used to treat diseases of inflammatory origin. Properties of the drug due to its composition, which contains meloxicam. This component reacts with prostaglandins, thereby eliminating pain and inflammation.
Movalis belongs to the drugs of the new generation, has a smaller list of contraindications, but in terms of effectiveness is not inferior to analogues. The advantage of the drug is that this drug belongs to the COX-2 inhibitors, which allows it not to have any negative effects on the body, to act only in the area of inflammation. Unlike other similar drugs from the group of nonsteroids, Movalis inhibits platelet aggregation.
The bioavailability of the drug, regardless of the form of release, does not practically differ, but the most rapid effect of the drug can be obtained by using ampoules for intravenous or intramuscular administration. The process of metabolism of the drug occurs in the liver. Remove the drug from the body 20 hours after application.
Indications for use
Meloxicam, which is the main active ingredient of the drug, has an anti-inflammatory effect. By suppressing the emergence of pathogenic organisms, it effectively relieves inflammation and pain.
That is why the drug is indicated for the following ailments:
- rheumatoid arthritis;
- ankylosing spondylitis;
- diseases of the vertebral and other parts of the musculoskeletal system, which are accompanied by pain and inflammation in the tissues.
The main advantage of the drug, in contrast to drugs of similar action, it does not have a devastating effect on cartilage tissue. You can feel the positive dynamics literally 40 minutes after taking it. Therapeutic and analgesic effect lasts about 22 hours.
A drug is considered softer and more effective when compared with its predecessors.
The list of absolute contraindications is as follows:
- hypersensitivity to the active ingredient or auxiliary components of the drug;
- severe hepatic and heart failure;
- active liver disease;
- lactation period (breastfeeding);
- age up to 18 years;
- concomitant anticoagulant therapy, because there is a risk of intramuscular hematomas;
- treatment of perioperative pain during coronary artery bypass surgery;
- Erosive and ulcerative lesions of the stomach and duodenum in the acute phase or recently transferred;
- inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn's disease or ulcerative colitis in the acute stage);
- severe renal failure (if hemodialysis is not performed, CC <30 ml / min, and also with confirmed hyperkalemia);
- active gastrointestinal bleeding, recent cerebrovascular bleeding, or an established diagnosis of coagulation disorders;
- hypersensitivity (including to other NSAIDs), a complete or incomplete combination of bronchial asthma, recurrent nasal polyposis or paranasal sinuses, angioedema or urticaria caused by intolerance to acetylsalicylic acid or other NSAIDs due to the existing likelihood of cross-sensitivity (including in history).
- cerebrovascular diseases;
- dyslipidemia / hyperlipidemia;
- peripheral arterial disease;
- elderly age;
- prolonged use of NSAIDs;
- a history of gastrointestinal diseases (history of Helicobacter pylori infection);
- congestive heart failure;
- renal failure (CC 30-60 ml / min);
- frequent use of alcohol;
- concomitant therapy with the following drugs: anticoagulants, oral GCS, antiplatelet agents, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
Movalis is prohibited to use during pregnancy and lactation. The drug is also contraindicated for women who want to get pregnant - Movalis affects fertility.
Dosage and method of use
The instructions for use indicate that Movalis solution is injected through a deep intramuscular injection. The drug should not be administered in / in. Given the possible incompatibility, Movalis solution for i / m injection should not be mixed in the same syringe with other drugs.
V / m drug administration is shown only during the first few days of therapy. Further treatment is continued with the use of oral dosage forms. The total daily dose of Movalis, used in the form of different dosage forms should not exceed 15 mg.
Dosage of the drug for adults:
- The maximum recommended daily dose is 15 mg.
- The recommended dose is 7.5 mg or 15 mg 1 time / day, depending on the intensity of pain and the severity of the inflammatory process.
- Osteoarthritis with pain syndrome: 7.5 mg / day. If necessary, the dose can be increased to 15 mg / day.
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 15 mg / day. Depending on the therapeutic effect, the dose may be reduced to 7.5 mg / day.
- Ankylosing spondylitis: 15 mg / day. Depending on the therapeutic effect, the dose may be reduced to 7.5 mg / day.
In patients with an increased risk of adverse reactions (a history of gastrointestinal diseases, the presence of risk factors for cardiovascular diseases), it is recommended to start treatment with a dose of 7.5 mg / day.
In patients with severe renal insufficiency who are on hemodialysis, the dose should not exceed 7.5 mg / day.
Because The potential risk of adverse reactions depends on the dose and duration of treatment; the minimum effective dose should be prescribed for the shortest possible course.
- Circulatory system: hypertension, tachycardia, hot flashes, edema;
- Urinary system: kidney inflammation, nephrotic syndrome, renal dysfunction, increased values of renal parameters, dysuria;
- Visual symptoms: conjunctivitis, visual disorders;
- Hematopoietic system: a decrease in the number of blood elements, changes in leukocyte formula, anemic syndrome;
- Immune reactions: anaphylaxis, other manifestations of hypersensitivity type I;
- Nervous disorders: headache, dizziness, tinnitus, drowsiness, impaired consciousness, emotional lability;
- Respiratory system: bronchial asthma in the presence of allergy to nonsteroidal drugs;
- Skin manifestations: toxic necrolysis, angioedema, bullous dermatitis, erythema multiforme or exudative, pruritus, rash, urticaria, photosensitivity;
- Digestive disorders: perforation of walls, hemorrhages, ulcerative lesions of the stomach and duodenum, inflammation of the mucous membrane of the stomach, intestines, esophagus, mouth or liver, abdominal pain, dyspeptic symptoms, diarrhea, constipation, nausea, vomiting;
- Local reactions: inflammation at the injection site.
Information about overdose Movalis currently limited. Presumably, it will be accompanied by signs characteristic of an overdose of other NSAIDs. Symptoms such as asystole, changes in blood pressure, pain in the epigastric region, nausea, vomiting, gastrointestinal bleeding, respiratory arrest, acute renal failure, drowsiness, and impaired consciousness may result in severe intoxication when a large dose of the drug is injected into the body.
The specific antidote is absent. In the case of overdose, it is recommended to evacuate the contents of the stomach and the appointment of general maintenance therapy. The introduction of cholestyramine allows you to accelerate the elimination of meloxicam.
- Movalis in ampoules is not intended for intravenous administration.
- It should be used with caution in concomitant diseases of the upper GI tract, as well as in patients receiving anticoagulant therapy. In case of peptic ulcer or gastrointestinal bleeding, the drug should be discontinued.
- Particular attention should be paid to patients who have undesirable effects on the skin and mucous membranes, in such cases, should be considered to discontinue Movalis.
- With the appointment of Movalis, it is possible to develop gastrointestinal bleeding, ulcerative lesions or perforations, both with and without indications of previous symptoms and episodes of such complications from the gastrointestinal tract in patients. In older age, there is a more severe course of these complications.
- Particularly high risk of adverse reactions in patients with symptoms of dehydration, with congestive heart failure, liver cirrhosis, nephrotic syndrome and severe kidney disease, in patients receiving diuretics, as well as undergoing significant surgery, leading to hypovolemia. From the very beginning of treatment, such patients require careful monitoring of urine output and kidney function.
- Patients with clinically non-progressive cirrhosis of the liver do not need to lower the dose.
- Weakened and debilitated patients can tolerate side effects harder, such patients need careful monitoring.
- In rare cases, an increase in serum transaminase levels or changes in other indicators of liver function have been reported. In most cases, deviations from the norm were minor and transient. With a more pronounced or persistent nature of impaired liver function indicators, discontinuation of Movalis should be discontinued and control laboratory studies should be conducted.
- Movalis should be used with caution in elderly patients who often have impaired renal, hepatic or cardiac function. NSAIDs can contribute to the retention of sodium, potassium and water and weaken the natriuretic effect of diuretics. As a result, in the presence of predisposing factors, the appointment of NSAIDs can lead to progression of heart failure and hypertension.
- NSAIDs inhibit the synthesis of renal prostaglandins, which are involved in maintaining a sufficient level of renal blood flow. The prescription of NSAIDs in patients with reduced renal blood flow and BCC may accelerate renal decompensation, but after discontinuation of NSAID therapy, the kidney function is usually restored to its previous level.
During the period of treatment when visual impairment, dizziness or drowsiness appears, it is necessary to refrain from driving vehicles and practicing potentially hazardous activities that require an increased concentration of attention and quickness of psychomotor reactions.
NSAIDs (including salicylates and GCS) in combination with Meloxicam due to the synergy of their actions increase the risk of ulceration of the alimentary canal and the development of gastric and intestinal bleeding.
The use of Meloxicam in combination with other NSAIDs, as well as Methotrexate and lithium preparations should be avoided.
Thrombolytic drugs, heparin for systemic use, oral anticoagulants, SSRIs, and antiplatelet drugs in combination with meloxicam can cause bleeding; diuretics and AT1-subtype receptor blockers - OPN.
NSAIDs due to the suppression of possessing vasodilating properties of Pg reduce the effect of antihypertensive drugs. In addition, drugs in this group increase the cyclosporine nephrotoxicity.
We picked up some reviews of people taking Movalis:
- Bogdana I treat osteoarthritis of the knees with these pricks. Exacerbations are not frequent, two or three times a year, but they do happen. It all goes very painful, if nothing is done. Usually I make a course of three injections. This is enough for me for several months, sometimes even for half a year. Very powerful analgesic effect of the drug, the action begins almost immediately. A lot of the body is not necessary, 3 - on the strength of 5 shots is enough.
- Alexey. I got sick knee joints from my parents, so I have to take anti-inflammatory drugs twice a year. This time the doctor decided to prescribe Movalis injections. The pain in the knee passed very quickly, but the gastritis was severely exacerbated. The drug did not fit. In pharmacies, you can find NSAIDs that do not cause such side effects.
- Anna. 3 injections were prescribed every other day, after the first evening they grabbed the stomach and stuffed their nose just did not breathe, thought it was cold, the next day everything went away, gastritis worsened after the second injection, again laid nose, and in the morning they started bleeding and lost their voice. Lohr was shocked - bleeding ulcers appeared in his nose. Immediately appointed a dropper to cleanse the body, after the thirds, a voice appeared and the nose began to come in order. So draw conclusions.
Medicinal products with the coincidence of the active substance:
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
The drug must be protected from exposure to sunlight and access of children. Storage temperature range - not higher than 30 degrees. Shelf life - 5 years.