Ksefokam - non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agent (NSAID) analgesic and anti-inflammatory action, belonging to the class oksikamov.
Used to relieve pain and symptomatic treatment of rheumatic diseases.
The anti-inflammatory effect of the drug is due to the ability of lornoxic to inhibit the synthesis of prostaglandins, which are among the regulators of biochemical processes in the body, as well as suppress the release of free radicals that are involved in provoking inflammatory processes.
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released on prescription.
How many hundred injections to Ksefokam? The average price in pharmacies is 750 rubles.
Release form and composition
Ksefokam is produced in the form of a lyophysiate for preparing a solution for further injection. The drug is packaged in glass dark bottles complete with solvent in plastic pallets of 1, 5 and 10 bottles in a carton box with the accompanying instructions.
- One vial with lyophilized Ksefokam includes 8 mg of lornoxicam.
- Auxiliary components: edetate disodium, trometamol, mannitol.
The drug has analgesic and anti-inflammatory effect. The anti-inflammatory effect of lornoxicam is due to the inhibition of the activity of cyclooxygenase isoenzymes, which inhibits the synthesis of prostaglandins. Ksefokam suppresses the release of free radicals by activated leukocytes.
The pain relieving effect of Xefocam is not related to narcotic effects. The drug does not affect the opioid receptors of the central nervous system, does not inhibit respiration, does not cause the effect of addiction and drug dependence.
The active substance is rapidly absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract and is fully metabolized in the liver. The drug is excreted in the form of metabolites mostly with bile, partly by the kidneys.
Indications for use
The indications for the use of xefocam in neurological practice are short-term courses of treatment of pain syndrome of various origins, mainly in case of vertebral pathology.
The main use of the drug is rheumatological practice.
Contraindications to the appointment of the drug a lot that need to be considered when treating pain. So, ksefokam contraindicated in the following conditions:
- hemorrhagic stroke;
- dehydration, hypovolemia (decrease blood volume);
- bronchial asthma;
- bleeding disorders;
- ulcerative colitis, ulcers of the stomach or duodenum in the acute stage;
- severe kidney disease;
- significant hepatic impairment;
- hearing loss;
- heart failure;
- glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency.
The use of Ksefokam contraindicated in patients under the age of 18 years, pregnant women and patients who are breastfeeding.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
Ksefokam is contraindicated for use during pregnancy and lactation (breastfeeding).
The use of the drug may adversely affect female fertility and is not recommended for women planning a pregnancy.
Dosage and method of use
The instructions for use indicated: Ksefokam lyophilisate used parenterally. The drug should be used in the minimum effective dose of the shortest possible course.
In case of postoperative pain, the drug is administered intramuscularly or intravenously, in case of an acute attack of lumbago / ischalgia, intramuscular injection. V / m injections make a long needle.
- The initial dose may be 8 mg or 16 mg. With insufficient analgesic effect of the drug at a dose of 8 mg, you can additionally enter the same dose.
- Maintenance therapy: 8 mg 2 times / day.
- The maximum daily dose is 16 mg.
The solution for injection is prepared immediately before use by dissolving the contents of one vial (8 mg of Xefokam powder) with water for injection (2 ml). After preparation of the solution, the needle is replaced. The solution prepared in this way is introduced in / in or in a / m. The duration of the on / in the introduction of the solution should be at least 15 seconds, in / m - at least 5 seconds.
How to breed Ksefokam?
Optimally dissolve Xefocam lyophilisate with special water for injection, which is sold in pharmacies in ampoules or vials. Such water is not only distilled, but also deionized, that is, any impurities are completely removed from it. Thus, diluting the powder with Xefokam with water for injection ensures maximum efficacy of the drug and minimal risk of side effects.
If for any reason it is impossible to dilute Ksefokam with water for injection, then this can be done with saline (sterile), novocaine or lidocaine. At the same time, one ml of Xefocam powder should also be given in 2 ml of solvent, after which the needle on the syringe should be replaced before the injection.
To undesirable effects of Ksefokam, reviews and instructions include:
- Urinary system: dysuria, reduced glomerular filtration, peripheral edema; nocturia (for solution);
- Sense organs: blurred vision, tinnitus;
- Blood system: leukopenia, thrombocytopenia, anemia, agranulocytosis;
- Blood coagulation system: increased bleeding time, hemorrhagic rash;
- Respiratory system: rhinitis, pharyngitis, cough, dyspnea, bronchospasm;
- Allergic reactions: angioedema, urticaria;
- Local reactions: pain at the injection site, hyperemia.
- Dermatological reactions: skin rash, ecchymosis, pruritus, alopecia, edematous syndrome, Lyell's syndrome, Stevens-Johnson syndrome;
- Nervous system: dizziness, headache, sleep disturbances, agitation, drowsiness, tremor, taste disturbance, paresthesia, depression; aseptic meningitis (for tablets);
- Cardiovascular system: tachycardia, heart palpitations, heart failure, high blood pressure; hematomas and hot flashes (for solution);
- Digestive system: diarrhea, abdominal pain, vomiting, dyspepsia, nausea, glossitis, stomatitis, dry mouth, flatulence, constipation, heartburn, belching, anorexia, esophagitis, gastritis, dysphagia, erosive and ulcerative lesions of the mucous membrane of the stomach and intestines ( t. including perforation and bleeding), hematemesis, melena, increased levels of hepatic transaminases, impaired liver activity;
- Other: change in body weight, increased sweating, myalgia, arthralgia.
In case of overdose, side effects increase. Specialists produce symptomatic therapy.
If overdose symptoms are detected, it is necessary to take activated charcoal. This drug reduces the likelihood of overdose symptoms only if taken immediately.
Before you start using the drug, read the specific instructions:
- It is forbidden to use the drug simultaneously with other anti-inflammatory nonsteroidal drugs.
- In elderly people, as well as in those suffering from arterial hypertension or obesity, it is necessary to control blood pressure.
- With long-term use of the drug should be regularly monitored hematological parameters, as well as indicators of kidneys and liver.
- If you detect signs of liver damage (yellowness of the skin, skin itching, vomiting, nausea, dark urine, abdominal pain, increased liver transaminases), you should immediately stop using the medication and consult a doctor.
- Ksefokam is able to change the properties of platelets, but it does not replace the prophylactic effect of Aspirin in cardiovascular disorders.
- Patients with impaired renal function, triggered by severe blood loss or dehydration, are allowed to prescribe the drug as an inhibitor of prostaglandin biosynthesis only after stopping hypovolemia and the risk of renal perfusion caused by it.
- It is particularly important to monitor the kidney function in elderly patients, as well as in patients who simultaneously receive diuretics or drugs that potentially cause damage to the kidney tissue.
- The described drug may cause an increase in the urea and creatinine levels in the blood, as well as sodium retention, water, hypertension, peripheral edema, and some other initial symptoms of nephropathy. Prolonged therapy of such patients with Ksefokam can cause glomerulonephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and even acute renal failure.
- Like any other oxicam, the described drug inhibits platelet aggregation, which causes an increase in the duration of bleeding. When using the drug, it is necessary to carefully monitor the condition of patients in need of normal physiological functioning of the coagulation system (including those who are scheduled to undergo surgery) who have coagulation disorders or are taking drugs that suppress clotting in order to detect signs of bleeding in time. .
The probability of an ulcerogenic effect of a drug can be reduced by simultaneously taking proton pump inhibitors and artificial analogs of prostaglandins. When bleeding from the digestive organs appears, the medication should be stopped immediately and emergency measures should be taken. Especially carefully it is necessary to monitor patients with pathology of the gastrointestinal tract who are taking the drug for the first time.
Persons receiving the drug are strongly advised to refrain from driving and drinking alcohol.
When using the drug, you must consider the interaction with other drugs:
- In combination with other NSAIDs or SCS increases the risk of bleeding from the gastrointestinal tract.
- When taken simultaneously with Methotrexate, an increase in serum methotrexate concentration is noted.
- Cyclosporine increases cyclosporine nephrotoxicity.
- In combination with beta-blockers and ACE inhibitors, their hypotensive effect may be reduced.
- Tacrolimus increases the risk of nephrotoxic effect due to inhibition of prostacyclin synthesis in the kidneys.
- In combination with diuretics, the diuretic effect and hypotensive effect are reduced.
- Quinolone antibiotics may increase the risk of seizure syndrome.
- Ethanol, corticotropin, potassium supplements may increase the risk of gastrointestinal side effects.
- In combination with cefoperazone, cefotetanom, valproic acid increase the risk of bleeding.
- In combination with anticoagulants or inhibitors of platelet aggregation may increase bleeding time. Therefore, MHO control is required.
We picked up some reviews of people taking the drug Ksefokam:
- Larisa. Ksefokam began to take with menstrual pain. I know that it is a very strong drug, I know that there are many side effects, I feel it, but I cannot find a replacement for it, the analogues are not the same. From the very beginning I suffer from insanely painful menstruation, it happened that I lost consciousness. Once again, my mother called an ambulance, the doctor was shocked, but Xefocam gave an injection. Since then, every month I take this drug. With Ksefokam, I can live a normal life, without losing one month from my life.
- Irina. My acquaintance with “Ksefokam” is difficult to call pleasant. Injections of this drug were prescribed to me by a neurologist for severe pains in the right shoulder and arm, and a diagnosis of acute brachialgia after the examination was made. I did not like the fact that this anesthetic in powder form and requires additional purchase of a solvent. After receiving two injections, I noted that the pain had calmed down a bit, I could sleep at night. But I was glad early, because the next day I was awakened by terrible abdominal pains, nausea and heartburn. And I began to treat then aggravated gastritis. Considering also its high price, it is better to choose a medicine that is more effective and safe.
- Ale The doctor prescribed me xefocam for lower back pain. I took a course of ten injections. After three shots, it even seemed to me that the pain had gone. But then I started having terrible vomiting and dizziness. The doctor urgently canceled my xefocam, since it was he who caused me to have such a reaction. In general, my acquaintance with this drug was not very successful.
Very often, patients in order to save financial resources are looking for medicines, the essence of the active substance of which coincides with the prescribed medical device. The following drugs are the most popular among Xefocam's analogues:
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Movalis or Ksefokam?
Movalis has a more pronounced anti-inflammatory effect, and Ksefokam - analgesic. In addition, Movalis has a less pronounced negative effect on the gastric mucosa.
Therefore, Movalis is better to prefer for the relief of pain and inflammation if a person has had a stomach ulcer in the past or is currently suffering from gastritis. Movalis is also preferable for course therapy for various inflammatory diseases of the joints (rheumatism, arthritis, osteochondrosis, etc.), occurring with moderate or mild pain. And Ksefokam recommended to take in severe pain syndrome of any origin or for course use in the absence of diseases of the digestive system.
Storage conditions and shelf life
The drug Ksefokam should be stored in a room in which the temperature is not lower than 15 degrees and not more than 25 degrees Celsius. Ready to use Ksefokam solution should be used throughout the day, after 24 hours it is considered unusable.
Shelf life - 5 years.