Dicine is a hemostatic drug, a means to prevent and stop bleeding.
The mechanism of action is due to the effect on the first stage of the process of hemostasis (the interaction between the endothelium and platelets). Suppresses the cleavage of the mucopolysaccharides of the vascular wall (antihyaluronidase activity), and normalizes the permeability in pathological processes. The drug acts hemostatically by increasing the rate of formation of the primary thrombus.
On this page you will find all the information about Ditsinon: complete instructions for use for this drug, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogues of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already used Ditsinon tablets. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
Hemostatic drug. Thromboplastin formation activator.
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released on prescription.
How much is Ditsinon? The average price in pharmacies is at 430 rubles.
Release form and composition
The drug is produced in tablet form 250 mg each (in a package of 100 pieces) and in the form of a solution for injection at a dosage of 2 ml per ampoule (50 or 10 per package).
- The active substance is etamzilat, 250 mg per tablet and 2 ml ampoule.
Additional substances are:
- for injections: injectable water, sodium metabisulfite, sodium bicarbonate.
- for tablets: povidone, corn starch, citric acid, lactose, magnesium stearate.
The active ingredient Ditsinona - etamzilat.
The drug has a homeostatic effect (stops or reduces bleeding), which is due to the ability of the drug to activate when small vessels damage the formation of thromboplastin (formed in the initial stages of the coagulation process). The use of Ditsinona allows you to increase the formation of mucopolysaccharides (protect protein fibers from injury) of a large mass in the walls of capillaries, normalize the permeability of capillaries, increase their stability, improve microcirculation.
Dicine does not have the ability to increase blood clotting and cause vasoconstriction, and does not contribute to the formation of blood clots. Ditsinon begins to act within 1-2 hours after oral administration and 5-15 minutes after injection. The therapeutic effect of Ditsinona is observed within 4-6 hours.
Indications for use
What helps? Dicine is used to prevent and stop parenchymal and capillary bleeding in otolaryngology during surgical treatment (tonsillectomy, i.e., tonsil removal, microsurgical operations on the ear, etc.).
Also, the use of the drug is indicated in such cases:
- In operative gynecology;
- For surgical interventions in ophthalmology (keratoplasty, cataract removal and glaucoma treatment);
- In dentistry during surgery (removal of cysts, extraction (removal) of teeth);
- In emergency surgery to stop intestinal and pulmonary hemorrhage, in neurology - with progressive ischemic stroke;
- With hemorrhagic diathesis and diseases of the blood system.
- acute porphyria,
- glucose-lactose deficiency,
- patient's hypersensitivity to at least one of the components of the drug, as well as to sodium sulfite,
- hemoblastosis in children, including myeloblastic and lymphoblastic leukemia, osteosarcoma.
The drug is prescribed with caution if the patient had previously suffered a thrombosis, as well as bleeding while taking anticoagulants.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
The use of the drug during pregnancy is permissible only in cases where the use of its use for the mother exceeds the risk of possible complications for the fetus.
In the appointment of Ditsinona during lactation should temporarily stop breastfeeding.
Instructions for use
The instructions for use indicate that Ditsinon is available in the form of a solution for intravenous and intramuscular injections and in the form of tablets intended for oral administration. It is also possible local application Ditsinona by laying on the wound soaked with a solution of the tampon. One ampoule and one tablet each contain 250 mg of etamzilat.
Instructions for tablets:
- The optimal daily dose for adults is 10-20 mg / kg of body weight, divided into 3-4 doses. In most cases, a single dose is 250-500 mg 3-4 times / day. In exceptional cases, a single dose may be increased to 750 mg 3-4 times / day.
- For menorrhagia, 750–1000 mg / day is prescribed, starting from the 5th day of the expected menstruation to the 5th day of the next menstrual cycle.
- In the postoperative period, the drug is prescribed in a single dose of 250-500 mg every 6 hours until the risk of bleeding disappears.
- Children are prescribed in a daily dose of 10-15 mg / kg in 3-4 doses.
Solution for the / m and / in injection:
- The optimal daily intake for adults is 10–20 mg / kg, divided into 3–4 intramuscular or intravenous (slow) injections.
- During surgery, adults are given a prophylactic 250-500 mg intravenously or intramuscularly, 1 hour before surgery. During the operation, 250-500 mg are administered intravenously; the introduction of this dose can be repeated once more. After surgery, 250-500 mg is administered every 6 hours until the risk of bleeding is eliminated.
- For children, the daily dose is 10-15 mg / kg of body weight, divided into 3-4 administrations.
- In neonatology: Dicinone is administered intramuscularly or intravenously (slowly) at a dose of 12.5 mg / kg (0.1 ml = 12.5 mg). Treatment should begin within the first 2 hours after birth.
- If Ditsinon mixed with saline, then it should be entered immediately.
The use of Ditsinona in some cases can cause the following side effects: heaviness in the epigastric region (upper abdominal wall), heartburn, overflow of facial blood vessels of the face with blood, headache, dizziness, leg numbness, allergic reactions, lowering blood pressure.
No data available. Symptomatic treatment is recommended.
- Before starting treatment, other causes of bleeding should be excluded.
- With the appearance of staining solution for the / m and / in the introduction, it can not be used.
- Solution for the / m and / in the introduction is intended only for use in hospitals and clinics.
- The solution for i / m and / in injections can be applied topically: a sterile swab or gauze cloth is impregnated with a solution and applied to the wound (for example, skin graft, tooth extraction).
- One tablet of Ditsinona contains 60.5 mg of lactose (the maximum daily dose of lactose should not exceed 5 g). It should not be prescribed to patients with congenital glucose intolerance, lactase-deficient lapp (lactase deficiency in some northern nations) or glucose-galactose malabsorption syndrome.
- The drug can be combined with aminocaproic acid and sodium menadione bisulfite.
- Dicine is also incompatible with sodium bicarbonate solution for injection and sodium lactate solution.
- In the form of a solution, the drug is pharmaceutically incompatible (in the same syringe) with other drugs.
- The introduction of a dose of 10 mg / kg body weight for 1 h before the introduction of dextrans prevents their antiplatelet effect. Introduction Ditsinona after the introduction of dextrans has no hemostatic effect.
We picked up some reviews from people about Dicinon:
- Misha Dicine's solution was unknown to me until I went to the dentist for the extraction of a tooth. I broke it under the root, so there was a lot of blood. The doctor stopped the bleeding with the solution of this medication, and then performed the necessary manipulations. I am surprised at how simple-looking "water" saved me from significant blood loss.
- Larisa. This drug helped me in time to stop the bleeding. While finding out the cause and origin of the breakthrough bleeding was assigned dicinone. I did not observe any side effects during the reception and after, bleeding stopped for 6-7 days, then I stopped taking dicynon. So, as an emergency medicine, it helped me a lot, I also know that it is used during pregnancy if necessary.
- Anastasia. At the moment ditsinon is a necessity for me. From an early age I suffer from profuse nasal bleeding. Over the past seven years, this drug is always in my first aid kit in the form of a solution. Often, I have to administer the drug myself, intramuscularly 2 or 4 ml (1-2 ampoules) to give myself first aid. Ditsinon acts quickly and efficiently. Suitable for combination therapy with vikasolom. When administered intramuscularly, there is no pain. Side effects are not revealed.
- Natalia. The medicine Ditsinon helped me with heavy periods. They were abundant all their lives, and after 40 they were even stronger. Because of this, I started to have anemia, I was feeling unwell, the pressure jumped. The doctor prescribed pills, which I drank five days before the beginning of the month and the first five days after. It helped - the menstrual cycle and volume returned to normal.
Analogs Ditsinon on the principle of action:
- Octanine F;
- Protamine Sulfate;
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Keep the drug should be protected from light and moisture (for tablets), out of the reach of children, where the temperature is maintained no more than 25 ºС. The shelf life of the solution in ampoules and tablets is 5 years.