De-Nol is a new generation antibiotic that has an anti-ulcer, anti-inflammatory effect with bactericidal activity against Helicobacter pylori.
It also has anti-inflammatory, antacid and astringent effects. Forms an insoluble protective coating at the site of an ulcer. Improves the protective properties of the gastrointestinal mucosa. Increases mucus production, the stability of the mucous membrane to the effects of pepsin, hydrochloric acid and enzymes.
On this page you will find all the information about De-Nol: complete instructions for use for this drug, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogues of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already used De-Nol. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
Clinical and pharmacological group
Antiulcer agent with bactericidal activity against Helicobacter pylori.
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released on prescription.
How much does De Nol cost? The average price in pharmacies is at the level of 580 rubles.
Release form and composition
One tablet of De-Nola has 120 mg of active ingredient. The main component (bismuth tri-potassium dicitrate) after penetration into the stomach at the site of the lesion forms a protective layer that does not allow the gastric acid to corrode the damaged mucosa.
Auxiliary substances of the drug:
- ammonium and potassium citrates;
- Povidone K 30;
- polacriline potassium;
- magnesium stearate;
- corn starch;
- macrogol 6000;
The drug is available in the form of film-coated tablets. In the blister pack of 32, 56 or 112 pcs.
The antiulcer drug leads to the direct death of microorganisms, i.e. has a bactericidal effect on the bacteria Helicobacter pylori. De-nol is also characterized by astringent and anti-inflammatory effect. In the acidic gastric contents, insoluble compounds of bismuth citrate and oxychloride are deposited on the mucous membrane. On the surface of erosive and ulcerative lesions a protective film is formed in the form of chelate compounds with protein molecules.
The intake of De-nola leads to the stimulation of the activity of the cell-protecting mechanisms and the enhancement of the resistance of the gastric mucosa to the negative effects of hydrochloric acid, the proteolytic enzyme pepsin, as well as enzymes and bile salts. These effects are due to the activation of the synthesis of prostaglandin E, bicarbonate and mucus.
The treatment reduces the activity of pepsinogen proferment and pepsin enzyme.
Indications for use
The drug De-Nol perfectly helps in the treatment of many problems of the gastrointestinal tract:
- Peptic ulcer and duodenal ulcer;
- Irritable bowel syndrome;
- In case of gastritis, De-Nol treatment also helps, regardless of whether the disease is chronic or acute;
- It also treats the effects of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
Properly prescribed course helps to forget about these diseases of the stomach and intestines, as well as the symptoms that accompany them.
The main contraindications for treatment with De-Nol include the following conditions:
- individual immunity to the drug or its intolerance;
- pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- impaired renal function, including decompensated renal failure;
- abnormal liver function;
- children's age (up to 4 years).
Use during pregnancy and lactation
Contraindicated in pregnancy. You should also avoid his appointment to lactating women.
Instructions for use
The instructions for use indicate that the daily dose of the drug De-Nol and the duration of the course of therapy should be determined by the doctor. It depends on the patient's body weight, age, degree of the pathological process, the presence of complications and the individual tolerance of the drug.
- Adults and children over 4 years old - inside 2-4 times / day for 30 minutes before meals. The dose depends on the age of the patient.
- The course of treatment is 4-8 weeks. Over the next 8 weeks should not take drugs containing bismuth.
During eradication of H.pilory, the drug is prescribed in combination with other antibacterial agents possessing activity against this microorganism.
Nausea, vomiting, more frequent stools, diarrhea. With long-term use of the drug in high doses - encephalopathy associated with the accumulation of bismuth in the central nervous system.
When using the drug for a long time in higher dosages, there is a likelihood of an overdose of the drug, which can lead to renal impairment. In cases of drug overdose, the patient is washed the stomach, give activated charcoal in combination with saline laxatives. After these measures, symptomatic treatment is carried out.
Within 30 minutes before and after taking the drug should not use any other drugs, also during this time should refrain from eating food and fluids (especially milk and fruit juices). When taking De-Nol tablets, it is possible to stain the feces in a dark color (this is due to the formation of bismuth sulfide). Some patients may have a mild darkening of the tongue while taking the drug.
- When treatment is observed staining of feces in black.
- The simultaneous taking of De-Nol with food, milk, fruit, juices reduces its effectiveness.
- To enhance the bactericidal action against Helicobacter pylori in some cases it is advisable to combine with metronidazole and / or amoxicillin for 1-2 weeks.
With the simultaneous use of other medicines, as well as food and liquids, in particular, antacids, milk, fruit and fruit juices, the efficacy of bismuth tri-potassium dicitrate may change.
We picked up some reviews of people about the drug De-Nol:
- Liza. Most importantly, it helps. Twice I had exacerbation of erosive gastritis, each time in the appointment was de-nol and phosphalugel in combination with a diet. The pains passed in a week, and in a month I already completely forgot about the problem.
- Yevgen. After the examination, I was diagnosed with a gastric ulcer, and a helicobacter bacterium was identified. The doctor prescribed a comprehensive treatment, it included antibiotics, Trichopol and the drug De-Nol. In the process of treatment, nausea, metallic taste in the mouth appeared, but the doctor said that this was normal and would be better in a few days. Indeed, after a week I already felt fine, but the stool was colored black. It turns out that this is a reaction to the active substance De-Nola-bismuth salt. So do not be afraid. As a result, after the course of treatment, the control probing showed that the erosion is well tightened, and in the analyzes the pathogen is absent. Now the general state of health is excellent, I hope there will be no recurrence of the disease.
- Sergei. To all lovers of de nol: if you have an itch and a rash after the second or third intake, immediately drop it! This is not an allergy, it is bismuth poisoning - for some people it is absorbed into the blood through the stomach for some reason, why scientists don’t know it, but they are modestly silent about it in the annotation to the drug. and the defeat of the internal organs is unknown to us.
- Anna. De-nol contains bismuth, which paints the stool in a characteristic black color. I was frightened at first, because somewhere in my memory it was postponed from the wilds of the Internet that a dramatic darkening of the chair without a change in diet could be a sign of gastric bleeding.
Doctors in the reviews of De-Nolle note that the best result can be achieved if you use the tool in the complex therapy. The highest efficacy was shown by quadruple regimens, in which, along with bismuth sub-citrate tablets, Omeprazole, Trichopol and antibiotic Clarithromycin or Amoxicillin were used.
The following drugs are similar in their therapeutic effect with De-Nol:
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
The drug should be contained in the original packaging at an air temperature of 15 to 25 degrees. It should not be exposed to direct sunlight. With proper storage of medication, the shelf life is four years, after which the drug is prohibited to use, even if the package has not been opened.