Vilprafen is an antibacterial drug capable of selectively suppressing the vital activity of many pathogenic prokaryotic cells.
Including obligate intracellular parasitic bacteria. The main active component is josamycin - a natural antibiotic synthesized by streptomycetes.
On this page you will find all the information about Vilprafen Solyutab: complete instructions for use for this drug, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogues of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already used Vilprafen Solyutab. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
Antibiotic macrolide group.
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released on prescription.
How much does Vilprafen Solutab cost? The average price in pharmacies is 750 rubles.
Release form and composition
The dosage form of Vilprafen Solutab is dispersible tablets: oblong, white or white with a yellowish tinge, with the inscription "1000" on one side, with the rice and the inscription "IOSA" on the other, with the smell of strawberries and sweet taste (5 pcs. in blisters, 2 blisters in a carton box).
Ingredients 1 tablet:
- active ingredient: josamycin (in the form of propionate) - 1000 mg;
- additional components: microcrystalline cellulose (564.53 mg), giproloza (199.82 mg), strawberry flavor (50.05 mg), magnesium stearate (34.92 mg), aspartame (10.09 mg), sodium dokuzat (10 , 02 mg), colloidal silicon dioxide (2.91 mg).
The antibiotic has an action that is closely associated with the effect on the intracellular structure of bacteria, it affects the vital processes of bacteria and disrupts the synthesis in their cells.
The active ingredient, josamycin, affects these types of bacteria:
- Gram-positive: streptococci, cinnamon bacteria, mycoplasma, staphylococcus, legionella, peptokokki, peptostreptokokki. And also to Listeria monocytogenes, Propionibacterium acnes, Bacillus anthracis, Clostridium spp
- Kills and inhibits the action of meningococci, gonococci, hemophilic bacteria, Helicobacter
- Intracellular bacteria: mycoplasma, ureaplasma, treponema, chlamydia.
The antibiotic is not active against enterobacteria, and therefore its effect on the microflora and gastrointestinal mucosa is weak. The drug is effective when simultaneous resistant reactions of the body to erythromycin drugs and other macrolides. Resistant reactions to josamycin are less common than with some macrolides.
Indications for use
The microbiology of the drug is quite extensive, Vilprafen has antibacterial activity in relation to:
- gram-positive prokaryotes of the family Streptococcaceae and Corynebacterium;
- gram-negative diplococci, pathogens of gonorrhea (N.gonorrhoeae) and meningococcal infection (N. meningitidis);
- gram-negative obligate parasites of cells - chlamydia (trachomatis and C. pneumoniae) and ureaplzam (U. urealyticum);
- bacteria that have lost their cell wall - mycoplasma (M. pneumoniae, M. hominis);
- gram-negative rod-shaped legionella (L. pneumophila), belonging to the pathogenicity group II;
- Gram-negative sticks of Pfeiffer (H. influenzae) - causative agents of hemophilic inflammatory processes and bacterium Borde-Zhang (B.pertussis) - causative agents of whooping cough;
- anaerobic prokaryotic cells - peptokok, peptostreptokokk and clostridia.
- severe functional disorders of the liver;
- children's body weight is less than 10 kg;
- Hypersensitivity to any auxiliary component of the drug, josamycin or other macrolides.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
During pregnancy, Vilprafen is used on the advice of a doctor, based on the patient's condition and the possible risk to the child.
Instructions for use
The instructions for use indicate that dispersible tablets Vilprafen Solutab can be taken whole with a liquid, or immediately before taking it dissolved in water (at least 20 ml) and thoroughly stirred the resulting suspension. The latter option is most suitable for children, especially small ones.
- For adults and adolescents from 14 years old, the drug is prescribed in a daily dosage of 1000-2000 mg in 2-3 doses. In severe cases of infection, it is possible to increase the dose to 3000 mg per day.
- The daily dose for children weighing not less than 10 kg (usually from 1 year) is calculated on the basis of weight: 40-50 mg / kg in 2-3 doses.
Thus, children, depending on body weight, are prescribed:
- from 10 to 20 kg - 250-500 mg of josamycin (¼-½ tablets) 2 times a day;
- from 20 to 40 kg - 500-1000 mg (½-1 tablet) 2 times a day;
- more than 40 kg - 1000 mg (1 tablet) 2 times a day.
The duration of therapy is determined by the doctor, depending on the evidence and the course of the disease, it can be 5-21 days. To cure streptococcal tonsillitis, according to the recommendations of the World Health Organization (WHO), it takes at least 10 days.
For diseases of the gastrointestinal tract associated with the bacterium Helicobacter pylori, Vilprafen Solutab is prescribed in a dose of 1000 mg 2 times / day for 7-14 days in addition to one of the standard regimens of anti-helicobacter therapy:
- 40 mg / day famotidine or 150 mg 2 times / day of ranitidine + 500 mg 2 times / day of metronidazole;
- 40 mg / day of famotidine + 100 mg 2 times / day of furazolidone + 240 mg 2 times / day of bismuth tripotassium dicitrate;
- 20 mg of omeprazole (or 20 mg of rabeprazole, or 20 mg of esomeprazole, or 30 mg of lansoprazole, or 40 mg of pantoprazole) 2 times / day + 240 mg 2 times / day bismuth tri-potassium dicitrate + 1000 mg 2 times / day amoxicillin;
- 20 mg of omeprazole (or 20 mg of rabeprazole, or 20 mg of esomeprazole, or 30 ml of lansoprazole, or 40 mg of pantoprazole) 2 times / day + 1000 mg 2 times / day amoxicillin.
If a patient has atrophy of the gastric mucosa, accompanied by achlorhydria, confirmed by pH-metry, Vilprafen Solutab is prescribed in a dose of 1000 mg 2 times / day in addition to the following therapy: 1000 mg 2 times / day of bismuth trisodium dicytrate 2 times / day .
With common and spherical eels, Vilprafen Solutab at the beginning of treatment (the first 2-4 weeks) is indicated at a dosage of 500 mg 2 times a day, for the next 8 weeks, maintenance therapy is carried out - 500 mg 1 time a day.
Quite often there are dyspeptic manifestations in the form of a feeling of nausea, the occurrence of emetic urges, diarrhea, discomfort in the epigastrium. Sometimes there are stomatitis, loss of appetite, constipation. Pseudomembranous colitis is extremely rare.
Possible allergic reactions include anaphylactic reactions, edema (including Quincke's edema), urticaria, erythema, various types of dermatitis.
Rarely, liver dysfunction and jaundice may occur.
There is evidence of hearing impairment, passing independently and directly dependent on the dose of josamine.
Purpura is extremely rare.
To date, there is no data on the specific symptoms of poisoning. In the case of an overdose, the symptoms described in the “Side Effects” section should be assumed, especially from the gastrointestinal tract.
If one admission is missed, it is necessary to immediately take a dose of the drug. However, if it is time to take the next dose, do not take the “forgotten” dose, but return to the usual treatment regimen. Do not take a double dose. A break in treatment or premature discontinuation of the drug reduces the likelihood of treatment success.
For physicians, the instructions for use give special recommendations. This helps in the proper appointment of the course and duration of treatment with Vilprafen. It is necessary to consider:
- while taking the medication, it is allowed to drive a motor vehicle, work on complex mechanisms;
- in the presence of a history of renal failure, requires monitoring of renal function, evaluation of biochemical parameters;
- if you miss the reception of funds, the next time should be the usual dosage;
- it is undesirable to interrupt the course of treatment.
Vilprafen is not prescribed with antibiotics, lincosamides, some antihistamines, ergot alkaloids (drugs that increase the tone of the uterus).
Do not prescribe vilprafen with cyclosporine, digoxin, the concentration of the latter can significantly exceed the required and cause toxic effects.
We picked up some reviews of people about Vilprafen Solyutab:
- Catherine. Do not convey all the horror, when in the last months of pregnancy I found chlamydia. The gynecologist reassured that there are good reviews about the treatment during this period with Wilprafen Soljutab. We decided to hold the course in the hospital under the supervision of physicians. With the infection managed to cope quickly, the son was born healthy.
- Alexandra. I was very upset when my daughter was prescribed antibiotic Vilprafen Solyub. I understood that otherwise it was difficult to cope with purulent angina, but I did not want to give the baby injections so much. It turned out the medicine in tablets, of which it is easy to make an emulsion. Even the taste of his strawberry - the child drank the drug with pleasure and quickly went on the mend.
- Helena. An excellent drug! Ear has ceased to hurt, disinfection of sinusitis is the most important thing - the constant bleeding of the gums due to dentures has disappeared. Well, all the mucous membranes also healed !! Cystitis, arthritis and other harmful helikobaktery. I feel great in my 58 years !!!! Now this drug will be in my first-aid kit! And the pharmacist advised him. Our therapist was only able to prescribe Amoxiclav ...
Other antibiotics-macrolides can be called analogs of the drug on the action on microorganisms:
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Term shelf life 2 years. Storage Vilprafen Solyutab need in a dry place away from a source of sunlight at a temperature of not more than 25 degrees.