The lichen zyberus (flaky roseola) is an acute inflammatory skin disease of a putative infectious nature.
Most often, they are sick of children over 2 years old, teenagers and young people. It is extremely rare for babies and people over 40 years old. The spring and autumn periods are the most dangerous in terms of the defeat of the disease.
The incidence of rosy lichen is low and makes up less than 1% of the world's population per year. The main danger of the disease is irritation and the addition of an allergic component with inadequate therapy or improper skin care. Experts believe that the disease has a viral nature, and it is caused by a kind of viral herpes.
In this article we will talk about pink lichen, look at detailed photos, as well as learn the first signs of the disease and deprive you with actual methods of treatment at home.
Why does pink versicolor arise and what is it? Zhiber disease is considered an infectious disease, but the causative agent of dermatosis has not yet been identified. Most researchers are of the opinion that this is a viral disease, perhaps the causative agent is the herpes virus VII or VI type.
Usually, the disease occurs in the season of colds and infections, often triggered by a recent sore throat or ARVI, the theory is being advanced that lichen zoster is caused by one of the herpes viruses. Pink deprive is provoked by severe stresses, hypovitaminosis, skin injuries, colds, chronic diseases, allergies.
It is also not possible to unequivocally answer the question whether pink versicolor is contagious. Theoretically, this is a contagious disease that is transmitted by physical contact or by airborne droplets. However, in practice, this dermatosis is distinguished by a low contagiousness (degree of infectiousness) in order for Ziber's disease to develop in a healthy person, the presence of provoking factors is necessary.
Symptoms of pink lichen in a person
When pink lichen occurs, a person's symptoms manifest themselves in the form of characteristic skin rashes. In this regard, the vast majority of cases with pink lichen edema begins with 1-3 bright pink maternal maternal plaques, with a flaky surface and up to 4-5 cm in diameter.
A part of patients with rosy lichen may mark a slight itching or discomfort in places of plaque formation, but for the most part, apart from spots on the skin, there are no other complaints. Often in the active period of the rash may be a slight fever, malaise and the reaction of the cervical or submandibular lymph nodes.
After 7-10 days, patients on the chest, back and limbs pour out a lot of small spots of “pink” or pinkish “kids”. The most abundant rash on the side surfaces of the body, back, shoulders and hips. The elements are characterized by a peeling in the center of the spots, resembling crumpled tissue paper, which creates the impression of a decoration - a “medallion”.
On average, new elements can pour in about 2-3 weeks, then they develop backward with gradual blanching, disappearance and areas of diminished pigmentation in the places where the plaque originally was, although there may be hyperpigmented fragments.
The average duration of the disease is rosy deprive 6-9 weeks, and it passes even without active treatment, usually does not give a relapse. Sometimes there can be atypical manifestations of pink lichen with a bubble or bumpy rash, they last a little longer.
What looks like a pink lichen in a person: photo
In the detailed photos presented below, you can see how the rashes look like with pink lichen on the skin of a person.
Transferred lichen pink in early pregnancy increases the risk of spontaneous abortion and has a negative impact on the development of the fetus. Often, future mothers suffering from Pitiriasis complain of unusual symptoms for this disease:
- severe headaches;
- loss of appetite;
- increased fatigue.
Pink lichen diagnosed visually, in appearance of the skin. At the same time, the disease is difficult to distinguish from the manifestations of psoriasis, rubella, syphilitic roseola, pityriasis. To clarify the diagnosis, a general analysis of blood and urine is prescribed, a scraping is taken, a serological test is performed.
In case of improper treatment, its absence or immunodeficiency, the lichen pink can turn into more severe forms, for example, Vidal ringworm. It is characterized by the appearance of spots of large sizes and has a tendency to become chronic. May recur for several years.
Treatment of pink lichen in humans
When a pink lichen rash appears on the skin, no specific treatment is prescribed. Most often, this kind of depriving a person goes away by himself, without the use of traditional medicine or medication. After recovery, pale pigmented spots persist for some time, but then they disappear.
In order for stains to descend more quickly, you need to follow a number of simple rules at home:
- During the illness, you should refuse to take a bath, it is better to use only a shower, and use mild detergents for washing, which do not overdry skin.
- It is unacceptable to expose the skin with clear signs of the development of pink lichen to direct sunlight.
- It is advisable to abandon synthetic clothing and linen, which can only exacerbate the inflammatory process.
- It is necessary to limit physical activity, to avoid overheating.
- It is recommended to follow a specific diet that excludes spicy, smoked, pickled, alcohol and coffee. Allergenic foods such as honey, eggs, fish, citrus fruits and juices, chocolate, nuts are also excluded.
If a patient with rosy lichen suffers itching, then antihistamine agents may be prescribed for it, for example, Suprastin, Tavegil, Loratadin, Xizal, Erius. Also, when exacerbation of pink lichen prescribe treatment with antibiotics, such as "Erythromycin".
To strengthen the immunity, you can take multivitamin complexes (complite, alphabet, vitrum, biomax) and natural immunostimulants (echinacea, lemongrass). Do not forget about restorative procedures such as hardening, staying in the open air and regular exercise.
Pink depriving ointment
As a rule, ointments in the treatment of pink lichen are not used, since in most cases the rash passes by itself. But if the disease is severe or there are constant exacerbations of the disease, the doctor may prescribe antibiotics in the form of ointments or corticosteroids.
- Sinalar is a combination drug of an antibacterial substance and a glucocorticoid, which relieves itching, inflammation, and puffiness. Ointment lightens and softens the skin.
- Lorinden A is a steroid with salicylic acid that relieves itching and swelling. Reduces peeling of lichen plaques, eliminates inflammation and slows down allergies.
- Flucinar is a hormonal medicine that relieves antiallergic effects, soothes itching and solves the problem of desquamation of roseola foci. It relieves plaques from scales and improves the color of integuments.
In addition to ointments for the treatment of external manifestations of lichen, Zindol-based zinc-based suspension is used. The tool dries the skin, reduces inflammation and itching, prevents the growth of microorganisms. Suspension wipe the affected skin 1-2 times a day.
Good effect gives the use of salicylic alcohol or solution of rizocin. These funds have a pronounced antiseptic effect and prevent the development of complications. It is recommended to wipe the skin with solutions 3 times a day.
How to treat pink versicolor folk remedies
Before you start using traditional medicine recipes, you should consult a dermatologist. Self-treatment may not bring relief, and the lichen pink will be complicated by an associated infection.
Here are recipes that can be used for the disease of rosy lichen:
- Well helps to remove the symptoms of the disease celandine tincture. To prepare it, flowers and leaves of celandine are poured with vodka. Insist twenty days. Take before meals, 0.5 teaspoons.
- Golden mustache. Tincture of this plant can be made at home, and can be purchased at the pharmacy. Also used for the treatment of fresh golden mustache leaves, which are pounded into mush. From freshly prepared mixture or purchased liqueur it is necessary to make daily lotions.
- A good remedy is calendula ointment. You can cook it yourself. To do this, calendula flowers in the amount of 10 grams are ground to a powder and mixed with 50 grams of vaseline. The ointment obtained as a result of these manipulations is applied to the eruption sites three times a day.
- Aloe. Squeeze the juice from the plant or get ready. To use inside on a spoon before meal within two weeks.
- Paper "pitch". From a sheet of white paper you need to fold the cone and put it on a saucer. Fire the upper part of the cone and wait until the paper is completely burned out. The plaque formed on the plate should be used for smearing stains with pink lichen.
So that in the future you don’t have to look for a way to cure pink lichen, take care of strengthening immunity, only it can help you avoid getting acquainted with this disease. This is due to the fact that methods have not yet been developed that could prevent the development of the disease, since the nature of its occurrence has not yet been determined.
The outcome of treatment for pink lichen is almost always favorable. Difficulty may arise only if the disease has led to serious complications.